Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hallelujah!

     Good news. The apostilled FBI CBC finally came back. Friday I checked my bank account and was happy to see that the $8 check I wrote to the US Department of State had finally cleared. So at that point I knew things were moving along. Of course, I was then still a little worried as to how long it would take for them to do the rest of the process. I didn't check the mail Friday or Saturday because I figured that the check clearing the bank meant they still had my CBC and would be sending it back to me in a week or so. But on Sunday I was watching football and thinking about it and decided I'd run down and check the box....just in case. And lo and behold the thing was there. I almost cried tears of joy, but instead I came up and opened a celebratory beer.
     After the beer was poured I emailed Greg to let him know. Of course, as these things go, I've since learned that Korea is celebrating it's second biggest holiday of the year and most employees are off Monday and Tuesday this week. There's a lot of waiting going on right now and I'm not enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment