Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Play Ball!

     This year seems a little strange in that the MLB season started in Japan last week with two games between the Oakland As and the Seattle Mariners and then there was another week of spring training. I watched both games on the MLBTV package I ordered. Not that I care about Seattle or Oakland, but as it was real baseball that counted and as they played in the Tokyo Dome (a place I've been to watch a game), I decided to come home from work, fire up the computer, connect it to the tv, open a beer or more, and enjoy. Oh, and by the way, I ordered the MLBTV package for the season with a little help from my wife. I was going back and forth about it, wondering if I should spend the money, when she burst out one evening, "I wanna watch Giants!" And so the next morning, I set it all up. Technology is a wonderful thing.
     The MLB season has officially started, I guess, but the games on American soil get underway tomorrow (or today accounting for the time difference). The Giants' first game is Friday at 7pm est, which makes it 8am Saturday my time, so I might get up for that. But as Ami likes to sleep in and I am sure she'll want to see it and as MLBTV allows me to watch the games whenever I want, I'll probably delay that start a couple hours. But I will definitely be watching.

Let's Go Giants!

     In Korean baseball news....The season starts Saturday and Ami and I have tickets for the Sunday game pitting the Doosan Bears against the Nexon Heroes. I live about a 15-20 minute walk from Jamsil Stadium, which is also home to the LG Twins. I haven't decided which team, Doosan or LG, that I will choose to call my own, but I'm leaning towards Doosan simply so I can say "Daa' Bears!" whenever I talk about them. Depending on how much I enjoy the game and the atmosphere, I might buy season tickets or some kind of multiple game package because Ami and I want to move this October and I imagine this could be the one and only season in my life that I live so close to a pro ball team that I can walk to the stadium, but we'll see. Apparently the crowd at Korean baseball games is a little nuts in that they cheer constantly and have songs and chants and never shutup. That could get a bit annoying if the team is down by six runs and you just want to relax. Oh, and they also have cheerleaders in Korean baseball....a strange concept indeed. But I guess it makes sense when the manager goes to the mound to chat with the pitcher and you don't have to go to the restroom or get another beer. Anyway, we'll see. Time to Play Ball!

Daa' Bears

2 comments:

  1. Your mighty Giants are coming to CO on Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giants got off to a rough start dropping two to the D-backs, but they'll right the ship in time to beat up on your Rockies, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete